Responsible for supporting IT systems and resort staff users, as well as improving IT support and user training. Works directly with a wide variety of staff in many situations.
This job description is intended to be a broad description of duties. You will be asked to carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Specific information on duties and policies can be found with your supervisor or in the Employee Reference Guide. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide first-level IT support to Taos Ski Valley staff to ensure smooth operations for all staff and guests.
- Work with staff to address common IT problems, including training and skill development needs when possible.
- Monitor IT systems for staff to anticipate and address potential issues.
- Implement and maintain software and hardware tools for end-user/staff support, e.g., remote work applications, help desk ticketing, hardware deployment, and asset management software.
- Assist with asset management and inventory, i.e., PCs, laptops, monitors, networking equipment, and accessories.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on IT systems.
- Escalate to IT staff and/or vendor as needed in unfamiliar or unusual situations, practice good judgment in escalating as needed to build scope of support knowledge.
- Partner with IT staff as requested on various IT projects (support, improvement, development).
- Maintain highly effective working relationships with all resort and IT staff.
- Follow established IT support and project standards, suggest improvement as needed.
- Perform tasks as needs arise with a spirit of teamwork.
- Maintain good humor and a cooperative attitude.
- Be responsible for completing all assigned tasks and projects, communicate status and help needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent problem-solving & troubleshooting skills
- Critical thinker and self-starter
- Can work well with little to no supervision
- Capable of being flexible and shifting directions when asked
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ask for resources when appropriate
- Capable of working with others to confront and solve problems in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to learn, understand, follow, and help improve resort procedures, systems and operations.
- Maintain personal safety as a top priority.
- Strong personal character and commitment to Taos Ski Valley, Inc.’s Vision, Purpose, and Values.
- Provides a guest and staff experience that exceeds expectations.
- Ability to gracefully and humbly accept criticism and opportunities for growth.
- Ability to stay positive, focused, and constructive when faced with setbacks, challenges, and while working in an ever-changing environment.
- Associate’s degree in IT support/Information Systems/Computer Science/related field preferred, certificate program or prior work experience considered.
- A+, N+ certifications strongly preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office applications required.
- Background in IT support, troubleshooting and resolving IT support issues required.
- Experience in ski area, resort, and/or hospitality operations preferred.
- Experience creating and implementing technical training and documentation preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents, including troubleshooting and operating procedures required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
Taos Ski Valley, Inc. is often a fast-paced work environment, especially during Holiday and Peak days. TSVI is located in a high-altitude alpine environment. Position may require travel on uneven, snowpacked, or icy terrain and may be exposed to wet, cold, and/or humid conditions.
Physical Demands of Position Include:
Working conditions vary based on weather and job duties. Employee must be prepared to:
- Work at a computer, standing or sitting, for long periods of time.
- Stand for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Walk up and down steep, deep, and/or slippery grades.
- Navigate in a high alpine environment over variable mountainous terrain in variable weather conditions.
Positions dealing with children, of safety-sensitive and/or confidential nature, require driving or positions that handle cash may require a background check and MVR check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check and MVR check.
- Is a Background Check required for this position: Yes
- Is an MVR required for this position: Yes
Posted:08/27/2022 05:24 AM