Electrical Design Engineer
Smartville is a rapidly growing renewable energy company located in sunny Carlsbad, CA. We are seeking an enthusiastic, energized, and experienced Electrical Design Engineer who has a strong knowledge and background of the complete electrical design life cycles to join our Smartville Team. The Electrical Design Engineer candidate will have at least 2 years of electrical engineering work experience and will work on developing power converter, power interface and energy management components for battery energy storage systems. Smartville offers a host of benefits including Health, Vision, Dental Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K plan, and stock options. Come work for a company that has created a culture that truly values the employees and their contributions to Smartville’ s mission.
• Design, prototype, test, implement, and service unique battery high-voltage high-power interfaces, power converters and system assemblies.
• Support electrical design efforts from R&D through production, including spec definition, architecture development, electronic design, parts selection, prototyping, design validation and optimization.
• Work with mechanical, PCB layout, and firmware engineering teams to successfully design, validate and manufacture high-power electronics components.
• Develop test specifications, support design verification and production validation testing for electrical, mechanical, and thermal systems.
• BSEE in electrical engineering (MSEE preferred.)
• Experience with digital and analog circuit design and PCB layout.
• Experience with electrical simulation using Spice, Mathcad and direct analysis.
• Familiarity with the software development process.
• Familiarity with communication protocols (i.e., UART, SPI, CAN)
• Familiarity with battery management systems.
• Familiarity with switchmode power converters and their integration into high power systems.
If you are interested in applying for the Electrical Design Engineer Technician position, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
?“Smartville Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and we embrace diversity and equality. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and points of view. Smartville Inc. provides a work culture that is consistent with mutual respect and employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of applicant’s race, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, culture, disability status, military status, or any other protected class applicable by federal and state laws.”