We are a robotics startup based in Oakland, California, tackling the hundred billion dollar problem of construction and demolition waste. Every year, billions of dollars worth of construction materials are landfilled simply because the cost of labor to sort and reuse is too high. Almost 25% of all landfill is generated by the construction industry! Our mission is to salvage the past to make for a more sustainable future in our built environment. We are doing this by applying cutting-edge robotics to upcycle materials and return them to the market as valuable assets.
What You Will Be Doing
You will be developing cutting edge robotics hardware designed for heavy industrial usage. This includes developing sensing and actuation systems for grasping and manipulation of objects in a semi-structured setting. You will collaborate closely with software and computer vision engineers to define requirements, while developing rapid prototypes in a fast-paced and iterative style. You will have a high-impact on the team through your ownership over key subsystems, from concept to deployment.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelors or higher in Robotics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years experience in designing robot hardware, actuators, sensors, or related electromechanical devices
- Must have expertise in 3D CAD software such as Onshape, Solidworks, or Fusion360, and ability to generate drawings complying with GD&T practices
- Expertise in rapid prototyping tools: 3D printing, laser cutting, light machining, machine design
- Proficient in prototyping, testing, debugging and deploying actuation and sensing hardware
- Familiarity with basic electrical engineering principles including circuit design, layout, wiring, soldering
- Familiarity with python programming and software design skills
- You also love being part of a tight-knit team and recognize the value of collaboration and creative thinking
- Provide input on all aspects of product development from brainstorming to final delivery
- Bonus: Experience with ROS 1/2, or other modular frameworks such as MQTT or DDS
- Bonus: Prior start-up experience
What’s In It for You
- Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including 401K, medical, dental & vision
- Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun maker-style office environment
- Be at ground zero of the sustainable robotics revolution
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.