About Us: Our physicians offer a full scope of occupational medicine services designed to help reduce healthcare costs, while minimizing lost work time and increasing employee productivity. To accomplish these goals, Akeso Medical is outcome focused and provides medical care on an urgent or appointment basis for occupational injuries and illnesses. We also design modified work and rehabilitation programs to enable injured employees to return to work as soon as possible.
Summary/Objective: As a Physician, you will contribute to the patient experience from start to finish. This role demands multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. Your role will be to help with patient flow during the day, treating, and communicating instructions to patients. If you have the ability to represent the highest quality of care in all aspects of patient engagement, and a willingness to demonstrate a very caring and respectful demeanor we want to hear from you. The ideal candidate will reflect our mission of offering highly personalized, compassionate care and be excited by the opportunity to learn and grow with the Practice. Candidate should also be able to demonstrate a positive attitude, strong communication and computer skills.
Company Benefits: Competitive pay, advancement opportunities and benefits. Our benefits include paid time off (vacation and sick), health and dental insurance, 401K with match, CME time and expense, malpractice coverage.
- Injury/Illness treatment and management of acute and chronic conditions, and appropriately manage work restrictions.
- Understand / conduct / perform job evaluations, OSHA and Company mandated surveillance exams, fitness for duty evaluations, return to work evaluations, and post-offer /pre-placement and DOT exams.
- Interpret audiograms and spirometry tests with knowledge of hearing conservation and respiratory protection programs.
- Order labs, tests, x-rays, injections, referrals and prescribe medications.
- Consult with other physicians on medical care of patients.
- Communicate patient needs, diagnosis, and course of treatment to the patient, Company, as well as other clinical staff and instruct and educate patients about discharge instructions, if applicable.
- Create an individualized plan of care based on physical, psychosocial and age specific assessments of the patient, as well as patient’s input and history.
- Delegate work appropriately to other caregivers and ensure accuracy of delegated work.
- Maintain an adequate patient flow on-site by directing and assisting clinical staff.
- Maintain patient wait times and ensure a pleasant patient experience.
- Ability to perform emergency intervention and stabilization, if needed, in an emergency situation.
- Maintain quality assurance of charts and testing.
- Handle telephone calls about services rendered from company accounts, patients, physicians, as well as other staff.
- Provide accurate and timely documentation to staff, insurance carriers and companies.
- Maintain patient records for clinical use, medical records use, billing use, physicians review, etc.
- Serve as a resource person for other clinical staff.
- Knowledgeable about and apply ADA and GINA rules.
- Understand for cause drug screening programs.
- Participate in discussions regarding employee accommodation requests under the ADA.
- Attend and participate in required provider meetings.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
- Develops health care team by providing information, education opportunities and growth opportunities.
- May supervise Physician Assistants to assure compliance of all applicable regulations. If applicable, instruct and direct the Physician Assistant in the Assistant’s duties, oversee and check the Assistant’s work and provide general direction to the Assistant.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new
- legislation; anticipating future legislation; and enforcing adherence to requirements and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending education workshops, reviewing professional publication(s), establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Ensure HIPPA compliance at all times.
- Read and follow company policy.
- Job duties may change to meet clinic needs.
- Complete any and all other job duties as requested by management.
- Candidate must have strong analytical and clinical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy degree from an accredited medical school required.
- Must possess current unrestricted medical licensure or the ability to acquire licensure to practice medicine in California.
- Candidate must have or be able to obtain current, unrestricted California drug control and federal DEA licenses.
- On-call participation may be required.
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of OSHA regulations and workplace health and safety concepts.
- Candidate will be familiar with DOT rules and regulations and be certified to perform DOT exams.
- Minor surgery, slit lamp, orthopedic and preliminary radiology interpretation skills required.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with EMR.
- National Provider Identification Number (NPI).
- BCLS, CPR and AED certified.
- Professional appearance at all times.
- Warm, friendly attitude with excellent patient interaction skills.
- Team player.
- Adaptable in different situations.
- Able to multi-task and work independently.
- Knowledge of basic office equipment such as scanners, electronic faxing, iPad, copy machine, etc.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in Occupational Medicine.
Akeso is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Associated topics: family, family medicine, general practice, hospitalist, outpatient, physician, primary, primary care, provider, urgent care