Grow With Us
“In Tandem” means together, and we strive to embody that in every aspect of our business. Whether your office-based or fully remote, Tandem Diabetes Care creates new possibilities for people living with diabetes, their loved ones, and the healthcare providers supporting them through a positively different experience.
At Tandem, we strive to put our values into action. Our “Team Up”, “No shortcuts” approach has propelled us to be an industry leader and make significant strides in the diabetes technology space. We are proud to be the makers of the only color, touch-screen insulin pump that is capable of remote feature updates and compatibility with continuous glucose monitoring. Watch our latest video to see our product features and capabilities here: t:slim X2™ Insulin Pump with Control-IQ™ Technology
a Day In The Life
The Sr. Software Engineer is a highly skilled experienced member of our Software Engineering team. The role will assist and be responsible for the design, development, documentation, quality, performance, and maintenance of embedded software for our next-generation insulin pumps.
- Independently designs, develops, modifies, and tests software in compliance with corporate software processes.
- May act as technical lead for individual projects.
- Translates high-level requirements into software design and implementation.
- Provides estimates of effort and timelines to management.
- Contributes to software architecture.
- Leads software design and presents at design reviews.
- Participates in all agile software development ceremonies as part of a Scrum team.
- Authors and updates software design specifications, interface descriptions, and other software documentation; may act as documentation owner for specific projects.
- Trains, mentors, and develops other team members.
- Identifies opportunities in software process improvements, discusses with peers, and implements proposals to address gaps.
- Develops unit tests and ensures test coverage complies with our software development process.
- Performs code reviews and provides critical feedback.
- Collaborates with other engineering teams including systems, hardware, and software test supporting all aspects of the software development process (requirements, integration, verification/validation).
- May manage or support working interactions with external vendors and resources ensuring that deliverable, timelines, and qualification standards are met.
- Independently diagnoses and addresses build and deployment issues.
- May act as designated Software Development representative on the Software Review Board (SRB).
You’re Awesome At
- Proficient knowledge of C programming for embedded devices.
- Proficient in software development in Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS)
- Experience in embedded software design patterns.
- Proficient with formal software test methodologies.
- Knowledgeable in Atlassian software or similar tools (i.e., Jira, Confluence, BitBucket)
- Able to work independently and deliver high quality work product without close supervision.
- Able to articulate work assignments and direct the work of other team members.
- Able to assert your own ideas, effectively convey relevant information, lead discussions, and persuade others.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to lead other team members.
- Adept at seeing change as an opportunity to improve business performance and campaigning for it when necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences or related field or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
- 5 years of experience in developing embedded software for medical devices or in a related area.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
In addition to innovative technology, we have a culture that fosters the idea that the happiest people are the most productive people. Not only do we hire forward-thinking achievers to join our workforce; we reward, develop, and retain them too. Just one of the many reasons of how we #StayAwesome! To learn more about our culture and benefits please visit https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers.
BE YOU, WITH US!
Tandem is firmly committed to being an equal opportunity employer and maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment. We value and embrace that every single one of us brings value to the table. But sometimes we forget that when we don’t meet 100% of a job description’s criteria – maybe you’re feeling that way right now? We encourage you to apply anyway. Because we want you to be you, with us.
We love a good referral! If you know someone that would be a great fit for this position, please share!
If you are applying for this job and live in California, please read Tandem’s CCPA Notice: