Overview: Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets.
We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion.
Visit our website at www.rocket.com for more information on how our employees Power the Future.
Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking a Rocket Motor Manufacturing Engineer to support energetics / solid rocket motor propulsion initiatives at our growing site near Culpeper, in beautiful, rural Orange County, Virginia (1.5 hour drive from Washington DC).
What we can offer you: Inspiring Company Culture
– Our people support each other and work together to leave an indelible impact on our nation’s aerospace and defense legacy.
Read more about our culture: Careers | Aerojet RocketdyneWork / Life Balance
– 3 weeks of vacation to start plus separate sick allowance.
9/80 schedule providing for longer weekends.
Annual week-long holiday company closure, plus company paid holidays.Comprehensive Health Benefits
– Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Accounts, and WellnessPrepare for the Future
– 401(k) with company matchProfessional Development
– Tuition assistance program, Employee recognition program, and Leadership development programEmployee Resource Groups – Local and Enterprise employee-led volunteer groups to create community, awareness, impact, and to support a culture where everyone belongs.
This current opening may be filled at this level as posted or at one level higher.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each): Manufacturing Engineers work under close supervision and have technical responsibility for planning safety and quality methods into planning, organizing and conducting technical projects for the support of rocket motor manufacturing operations such as motor assembly operations, machining, assembly and material handling.
These positions provide advisory support in the design, fabrication, modification and evaluation of manufacturing operations; conceive and plan projects involving major production activities, exploration of product and/or processes problems, definition and selection of new concepts and approaches in manufacturing operations.40%
– Support Manufacturing Operations with the development of and updates to the manufacturing processes and procedures.20%
– Identify and support opportunities to improve product quality.20%
– Participate in and direct the resolution of discrepancies in the manufacturing processes and product.10%
– Identify and support opportunities to reduce the cost of the product.5%
– Identify and support new tooling and equipment development processes.5%
– Identify and support opportunities to improve the lean manufacturing processes.
Requirements: Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other appropriate discipline plus at least two (2) years of relevant experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Strongly desired:Manufacturing assembly process and toolingExperience applying LEAN manufacturing principles and statistical process control tools within a manufacturing environmentAbility to interpret end item drawingsEnergetics, Defense and/or Aerospace experienceHands-on experience is a plusBeing fully vaccinated for COVID-19 may be a condition of employment at Aerojet Rocketdyne.
Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Aerojet Rocketdyne will be required prior to starting employment with the Company.
May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S.
Security Clearance at the appropriate level.
Permanent Residency or other status as a U.S.
Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
May require the ability to travel by air or auto.
May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat.
These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.