At SightLife we are guided by our belief that no one should have to wait for sight-restoring treatment or surgery, we collaborate with strategic partners in more than 30 countries to expand patient access to the cornea health services they need, when and where they need them across all stages of life. Our Eye Recovery Technicians play an essential role in that mission and are primarily responsible for the recovery of human eye tissue and the collection of necessary medical, behavioral, laboratory, and other data to facilitate quality donor screening.
*$1,000 Sign-on bonus available for eligible employees! Please reach out for more details.*
*What you’ll do: *
* Perform efficient and quality surgical recovery of human eye tissue for transplant and/or research.
* Collect complete and accurate medical charts, behavioral data, laboratory data, blood specimens, and other pertinent data from the recovery site and other appropriate agencies.
* Travel throughout respective recovery area to collect eye tissue and medical records.
* Act professionally and respectfully as a representative of SightLife in hospital, funeral home, and transplant/donation settings.
* Perform timely transportation of eye tissue to and from airport and surgeon’s facilities as needed.
* Ensure all applicable FDA, EBAA, SightLife and state regulatory policies are followed.
* Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
*Reasons you’ll love working here: *
* *Reliable Schedule: * We will give you a schedule you can count on and are able to accommodate school or 2nd job scheduling needs. This role also has have the ability to adjust your schedule in the future, as needed.
* *Competitive compensation: * Eye Recovery Technician (ERT) staff are paid an hourly rate for time worked and a per diem rate for each recovery procedure completed. Shift Reservation Bonus (SRB) will be added in the event of a completed shift reservation without a donation opportunity. $1,000 Sign-on bonus available for eligible employees.
* *Generous Benefits: * Our benefits program include fully paid vision and dental, 401 (K) savings plan, reimbursement for Costco membership, LinkedIn Learning accounts are provided to all our employees, our employee assistance program, and employee discounts with a variety of vendors.
* *Making an impact: *Our mission is dedicated to eliminating corneal blindness by 2040. Guided by our belief that no one should have to wait for sight-restoring treatment or surgery, we collaborate with strategic partners in more than 30 countries to expand patient access to the cornea health services they need, when and where they need them across all stages of life.
* *Our People: * We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive. Our mission fuels us, and our values of integrity, partnership, innovation, and empowerment—plus joy and fulfillment in the workplace—define us.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Required Skills/Knowledge/Abilities: *
* Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older, have a valid driver’s license, and be eligible to meet our company driving standards.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all Eye Bank, hospital, and peer agency staff.
* General computer proficiency at a functional level. Ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook or their equivalents) at a functional level.
* Ability to understand and adhere to SightLife’s safety, regulatory and confidentiality guidelines.
*Education and/or Equivalent Experience: *
* High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
The work is performed primarily in a hospital/morgue environment. The noise level in the work environment is moderate. The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar and related to a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical hospital and office work).
*Physical Requirements (for essential functions): *
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is *_often_* required to perform the following activities:
* Reaching. Extending hands and arms in any direction.
* Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.
* Using Fingers. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand.
* Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
* Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
* Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward up to 80 pounds.
* Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. Occasionally the employee must lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
* Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw haul or tug objects in a sustained motion up to 80 pounds.
* Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
* Seeing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus Depth Perception: ability to judge distance and space relationships. Field of Vision: ability to see peripherally. Accommodation: ability to adjust vision to bring objects into focus.
* Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
* Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
As an equal opportunity employer, every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. SightLife does not discriminate based on race, color, sex/gender, political ideology, religion/creed, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, national origin, color, military or veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws. SightLife is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, individuals that require accommodations in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at (206) 414-7157 for assistance.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Vision insurance
* On call
Work Location: On the road