LIVE THE DREAM. Work here. Play here.
The mountains are calling.
NOTE: This position is located in Mammoth Lakes, California.
Did you know that as part of your employment at Mammoth you receive a free season pass, including free access to all other Alterra resorts? Grin inducing, isn’t it? More about the benefits and perks of your adventure here:
- Ski passes for dependents (spouse/child(ren)) includes free skiing at other Alterra Resorts
- Discounts on ski/snowboarding lessons
- Friends and Family vouchers
- Retail & Food discount
- Equipment Rental discount
- 401k with company match
- PTO for benefit eligible employees
A little about this position:
- Responsible to repair, maintain, and troubleshoot various types of heavy equipment.
- Performs repairs and scheduled maintenance on buses, snow removal equipment, vehicle fleet and stationary engines.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems, drivetrains, air brakes, diesel and gasoline engines.
- At least 1 year experience as a mechanic is desired. Proven experience with electrical repair, diesel power plants, and hydraulic systems is preferred.
- High School graduate with auto shop or trade school experience.
- Occasional lifting of heavy objects.
- Position requires ability to work while standing the majority of the day.
- Must be able to read and comprehend service manuals and simple instructions and prepare written documentation on repairs and service performed.
- Strong verbal communication skills and mathematical ability required for various calculations and calibrations.
- Schedules vary, and may include swing shifts for the winter season
- This job requires outdoor work under heavy weather conditions with heavy equipment on a year-round basis.
- Must have a valid Class C California Driver’s License with less than 3 points.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations, with only occasional or no variables.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Valid California driver’s license.
- Pay and benefits to be discussed upon interview.
*Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.