As a member of our Technician team, you’ll deliver the future of entertainment by helping our customers apply AT&T’s latest technology to their lives. Your work with our award-winning TV service, satellite or state of the art technologies, will provide our customers with access to the world’s most robust network. Innovation is born every time our customers use new technology and we’ll rely on you to deliver it.
You can join our team with a starting pay of ranging from $22.35 to $34.14 per hour depending on previous experience.
• Performs inspections, maintenance and general repairs on various vehicles and associated equipment, i.e., aerial lifts, digger derricks, cable placing equipment, forklifts, trailer, etc.
• Works with both large and small tools, diagnostic test equipment and power tools. Welding may be required.
• Property handles hazardous material or waste associated with automotive repair.
• May be required to qualify for State mandated licenses, i.e., smog, brake, headlight adjustment, air conditioning, etc.
• Performs State smog inspections; may be required to become licensed SMOG Station Inspector. Responsible for associated paper and record keeping.
• Performs inspections, maintenance, and repair work on all vehicles including air conditioning, air, hydraulic and electrical brake systems.
• Makes emergency and roadside repairs.
• Performs clerical work, i.e., processes motor vehicle records, purchase orders and invoices.
• Use of computerized test equipment.
• Use of Mechanized management systems.
• Drives company vehicles of all types, may drive vehicle to pull a trailer. May be required to obtain Class A Driver’s License once on the job
• Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
*For positions requiring Class A Driver’s License which includes passing a State physical exam, may also be required (see Tasks and Duties #12) to participate in Federally mandated drug and alcohol testing programs which includes pre-duty and random drug and alcohol testing.
• Monday through Saturday with “0” days during the week. Day, evening & night tours. Available for overtime and emergency callouts.
Additional Basic Requirements
• The maximum body weight load is 275 lbs.
• This job has Required Skills.
Skills That May Be Required:
• Assembly (Desired)- Perform a series of operations by which components are assembled. Controls or Assembles by some means of fastening, interlocking, mounting or fitting parts together for the purpose of bringing a product to partial or final stages of completion.
• Automatic Diagnostic Equipment Knowledge (Desired)- Understands and effectively uses diagnostic equipment.
• Automotive Heating & Air Conditioning (Desired)- Maintaining and repairing automotive heating and air conditioning equipment.
• Automotive Repair Electrical Systems (Required)- Previous training or work experience in automotive repair, alternating current and direct electrical systems.
Communication Skills (Desired)- Orally transmit ideas, instructions and information so they are clearly understood by others in formal or informal face-fo-face situations or on the telephone.
• On-the-job, company classroom training and other outside vendor training, which may include qualifying for state mandated licenses, i.e., smog, brake, headlight adjustment and air conditioning.
• Works outside as well as in general garage area.
• Exposed to all weather conditions: rain, heat, cold, snow, etc.
• Wears appropriate footwear, safety glasses, goggles and hard hat, when required.
• Works with and around various hazardous materials and hazardous waste products including, but not limited to solvents, cleaners, asbestos and vehicle fuels.
• ASE Certification (Required)- ASE Certification in automotive, truck, body repair, and/or engine machines.
• Emission Certification (Desired)- Smog check vehicles bi-annually for vehicle registratoin.
• Motor Vehicle License (Required)- Possess valid driver’s license.
• Motor Vehicle License (Class A) (May be Required)- Possess a valid California/Nevada driver’s license (Class A) which includes passing a California/Nevada state physical exam. Be able to drive large trucks, pull trailers and have a knowledge of air brakes.
• State Certification (Desired)- The ability to qualify for state mandated licenses, I.E., smog, brake, headlight adjustment, air-conditioning, etc.,
Ready to join the team? Apply now!