The Pumper will be responsible for producing gas products in the plant safely and efficiently that meet quality expectations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Performing all required pre-fill and post-fill inspections before cylinders are released.
- Ensuring cylinders are properly maintained (any cylinders requiring maintenance or repair
- Operate forklift to move full and empty pallets to designated areas
- Fill various high pressure, cryogenic, and flammable hazardous materials
- Analytical operations as trained for the various gases filled
- Roll and manipulate cylinders including repeatedly maneuvering 150+ pounds
- Maintain safety regulations
- Cylinder handling and sorting on a daily basis
- Pick, assemble and ship all sales orders accurately in the required amount of time.
- Identify and report all order discrepancies and low stock level
- Assist the production team with the maintenance of the plant and equipment: (10%)
- Maintain a clean, neat, and organized work area
- Identify damages to equipment, facility, and merchandise
- Follows all safety policies and procedures, including the use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED and one or more years related experience.
- Understand Compliance issues and safety sensitive areas
- Ability to operate or willingness to train for forklift operation
- Strong attention to details, highly organized, computer literate
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced high volume shipping distribution center
- Exceptional team work skills and maintains good relations with team members to ensure deliveries consistently arrive on time
- Must possess appropriate mathematical and analytical skills to determine the acceptability of the product(s) based on established criteria.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Effective communication with both internal and external customers both orally and in writing required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
WestAir Gases and Equipment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Associated topics: ayudante de almacen y reparto, logistics agent, logistics engineer, material handler, operate, operator warehouse, pallet, supply chain, warehouse intern, warehouse technician