Balance Staffing is seeking hire a Purchasing Administrator to support a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Our client is located in San Jose, CA.
Are you an early Purchasing or Administrative Assistant professional looking to grow your career in the manufacturing industry? Do you enjoy working in a team environment? This is the opportunity for you!
We are looking for motivated, energetic, and detailed-oriented individual to join our growing team!
Nature of Duties/Responsibilities:
· Provides administrative and clerical support specifically related to the purchasing department.
· Maintains files, logs, purchase orders, and other related documentation.
· Assist in expediting orders
· Coordinates administrative activities for purchasing group and liaises with internal clients on support requirements.
· Performs activities in Oracle and other information systems to support Purchasing.
· Enters manual purchase orders and change orders, and runs purchasing reports for the department.
· Reviews and responds to internal and external requests for inventory and assists in identifying opportunities to redeploy excess material.
· Identifies, recommends and escalates opportunities for improvements to supply chain efficiencies.
· Work closely with maintenance technicians to find or locate hard to find parts and organize inventory.
· Will be responsible for shipping out parts or equipment requiring repair, rebuild or re-coating.
· Works on issues of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
· Covers a range of duties, including information management and data entry, documentation control, and reporting.
· May develop and maintain resources for assigned commodity items.
· Prepares standard requests for quotation.
· May be responsible for RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) program – maintaining data, receiving certificates.
· May contact vendors to obtain prices and schedule delivery dates.
· May act as the plant contact for the sale of excess inventory.
· Participates in investigation of issues with reporting and purchase orders as they arise and escalate to management as required.
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Minimum 1-2 years of related experience
· Skills in Excel and Oracle are required
· Moderate to heavy lifting
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
Balance Staffing is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law.