LOCATION: Corona, Ca
DIRECT REPORTING: Purchasing Manager
About CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense
CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is focused on the design, development, and manufacture of specialty fluid and motion control products for demanding aerospace and defense applications. CIRCOR products are flying on most commercial and military aircraft, including single and twin aisle air transport, business and regional jets, military transports and fighters, and commercial and military rotorcraft. Other markets include unmanned aircraft, shipboard applications, and military ground vehicles.
Business units are in Corona, California; Warren, Massachusetts; Hauppauge, New York; Paris, France; Uxbridge, UK; and Tangier, Morocco. Parent company CIRCOR International is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts and CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is headquartered in Corona, California.
Ideal candidate is responsible for managing assigned suppliers to deliver product to meet customer demand at the lowest cost and lead-time while managing inventory levels. Actively identifies and addresses issues in the supply chain to insure all requirements are met as well as drive continuous improvement of key metrics including delivery to customer requirements, cost, lead-time, inventory turns and quality.
This position is responsible for negotiating and purchasing materials, equipment, and/or services from suppliers. Prepares and evaluates supplier quotations and services to determine most competitive solution based on total cost of ownership. Familiar with a variety of purchasing concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Leads complex sourcing projects and supplier performance reviews, Performs a variety of complicated procurement tasks.
- Responsible for buying all materials required to support Production operations as assigned.
- Reviews specification requirements and negotiates contracts with outside suppliers, ensuring high quality materials at the best possible prices.
- Support Import Compliance adherence
- Tracks and reviews supplier service, quality, and On-Time Delivery.
- Researches new suppliers as necessary. Prepares and evaluates request for quotes.
- Coordinates buying processes with Production and Materials personnel to ensure smooth operations and appropriate levels of inventory.
- Updates related paperwork and maintains purchasing files.
- Assists area personnel as needed and keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Places orders with suppliers and expedites where required, including both direct and indirect materials and services.
- Responsible for identifying and achieving material cost reductions.
- Responsible for supplier selection, evaluation, and development.
- Evaluates supplier performance and provides feedback.
- Manages materials during new product introduction and product end of life.
- Works closely with engineering, suppliers, and sales/marketing to execute engineering changes.
- Periodically reports on key performance metrics.
- Corrects or approves for payment any inventory item invoices requiring adjustments due to variation of the purchase order.
- Negotiates return material with suppliers to obtain proper adjustments on rejected material. Works with supplier to correct the defect before the next requirement.
- Manages reschedule of delivery dates as required by MRP to maintain a balanced supply/demand schedule on purchased materials. Expedites past due orders. Quick resolution of critical material shortages.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Min 3 years of Experience in materials and Supply Chain
- Ability to read/translate blueprints.
- Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Negotiation skills.
- Working knowledge of MRP and ERP systems.
- Experience in Kanban & Consignment Inventory Management processes.
- Understanding of overall materials flow and other functions linked to the Supply Chain
- Extensive knowledge of inventory management concepts.
- Strong systems knowledge and proficiency. JDE experience preferred.
- High ethical standards. Models and supports organization’s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation. Uses time effectively, prioritizes and organizes work flow; can orchestrate multiple activities at once. Agility and personal adaptability with the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency in a rapidly changing environment.
- Solid analytical skills and solution-driven thinking; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention; displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey information and ideas in a variety of media, tactful, confident, at all levels, internal and external.
- Demonstrated aptitude for process improvement and use of Lean and Six-Sigma resources and tools.
- Knowledge of aerospace quality standards including AS9100, ISO and NADCAP
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain, or equivalent work experience.
- Completion of APICS classes a plus.
- Green Belt, Black Belt or Lean certification a plus.
CIRCOR is an EEO Employer of females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities