The Food & Beverage Quick Service Attendant is an important part of our Front of House team. You will be the first person a guest interacts with when they enter a restaurant, so being friendly, personable, and knowledgeable about our operations is a must. You will rotate between roles of a cashier (engaging with customers, taking accurate orders, collecting and processing payments), host (greeting guests, seating at appropriate tables, managing wait list), food runner (packaging food according to tickets and delivering to tables), and busser (clearing and sanitizing tables).
This job description is intended to be a broad description of duties. You will be asked to carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Specific information on duties and policies can be found with your supervisor or in the Employee Reference Guide. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Operate a high-volume point of sale register
- Greet all customers pleasantly and with courtesy and provide simple direction within and around the resort
- Seat guests at open tables based on availability and track occupied tables on section map for cashier use
- Daily set-up and breakdown of service booth(s)
- Work with kitchen staff to ensure proper presentation and packaging of food items according to menu guides and guest tickets
- Conduct regular check-ins with guests to ensure food, beverage, and experience quality
- Develop a working knowledge of food and beverage operations
- Reliable attendance on all scheduled work days
- Communicate product restock needs to the outlet’s manager or supervisor
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the F&B Managers or Supervisors at any time
- Assist with unloading supplies, emptying trash & recycling cans, restock food and beverage items, etc.
- Maintain a clean and neat work space, guest space, and ensure that the operation runs in a smooth and orderly fashion
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a strong attention to detail
- Strong personal character and commitment to Taos Ski Valley, Inc.’s Vision, Purpose, and Values
- Provides a guest experience that exceeds the guest’s expectations
- Ability to gracefully and humbly accept criticism and opportunities for growth
- Ability to stay positive, focused, and constructive when faced with setbacks, challenges, and while working in an ever-changing environment
- Must already have or be willing to complete the New Mexico Food Handlers Certification upon hire.
- Must already have or be willing to complete the New Mexico Alcohol Server Certification upon hire.
- Experience working in a fast-paced restaurant environment preferred
- Experience in using a cash register and Square Point of Sale preferred
- Is self-motivated and capable of working diligently without constant supervision
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers and guests
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays, and evenings
Taos Ski Valley, Inc. is often a fast-paced work environment, especially during Holiday and Peak days. TSVI is located in a high-altitude alpine environment. Position may require travel on uneven, snow-packed, or icy terrain and may be exposed to wet, cold, and/or humid conditions. Must be able to work in close quarters and with other staff.
Physical Demands of Position Include:
Will often lift and carry up to 25 pounds. 80-100% of the time will be spent standing, walking, reaching, talking, and hearing. 25-50% of the time may be spent being exposed to the outdoors including winter weather conditions. Occasionally sitting – less than 15% of the time.
Positions dealing with children, of safety-sensitive and/or confidential nature, require driving or positions that handle cash may require a background check and MVR check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check and MVR check.
- Is a Background Check required for this position: Yes
- Is an MVR required for this position: No
Posted:08/17/2022 05:41 AM