West County Health Centers, Inc.
_West County Health Centers provides comprehensive, quality and accessible health care services to the communities of Western Sonoma County. We are a cohesive team of health care providers, support staff and volunteers dedicated to wellness, compassion, affordability and excellence of care. We believe in non-judgmental and equal care for all members of our diverse community. Come and be a part of an amazing team!_
_West County Health Centers Inc. is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a national leader in transforming community health centers to patient-focused centers of care. WCHC has a consistent record and reputation of providing the highest standard of care within a community health care setting. WCHC provides access to comprehensive health care services at all our 8 community health center locations throughout West Sonoma County._
_In addition to providing critical primary medical care, dental care and behavioral health services, WCHC also serves as a resource for holistic health to include meditation, healthy cooking, stress reduction and other classes that support communities in living a healthy lifestyle._
*Job Summary: *
The Per Diem Nurse works as part of the clinic nursing team to provide a full range of nursing services including floor nursing, patient triage, phone advice, acute case management related to triage, care team coordination, patient education, and wound care.
The Per Diem Nurse’s schedule varies, but *on average will work 2-3 days per week*. The Per Diem Nurse must be available to work at *all clinic locations in Sebastopol, Guerneville, and Occidental.*
If you are interested in working in a progressive, patient-focused environment where staff are valued and supported to do their best work, please submit your resume and cover letter for consideration. We offer full medical, dental, vision, section 125 flexible spending and sick & vacation benefits, along with a 403b retirement plan. WCHC is an equal opportunity employer.
*Responsibilities include: *
* Work collaboratively with Care Team to optimize communication, coordinate needed services and meet the needs of the patient.
* Work with Care Team to actively manage the patient schedule to optimize efficiency and patient experience.
* Assist in the coordination of warm hand-offs or “Transfer of Trust” between Care Team, Behavioral Health Staff, or other support services during the office visit.
* Daily triage of site Lab/DI results and manage critical abnormal lab/DI results with onsite providers.
* Assist with patient “Care Items” which could include: medication refills per protocol, pharmacy clarification of prescriptions, and other items as needed
* Provide proactive utilization management for patients with acute high risk needs,
* Prevent inappropriate utilization of emergency room services
* Oversee Care Team Medical Assistant administration of immunizations and medications, both injection and oral within the office visit.
* Participate in daily huddles as directed
* Administer medications as ordered by provider: Rocephin, insulin, valium, others as requested
* Manage and support staff with clinic emergencies and disruptive patient behavior
* Assist with patient transfers to ER
* Provide Nurse Visits for designated conditions per clinical protocol (emergency contraception, may assist with UTI in preparation for provider visits)
* Provide orientation to CPSP for new OB patients
* Provide lactation support (as directed/trained)
* Participate in activities related to addressing the social determinates of a patient’s health.
* Actively seek out opportunities to assist other team members in collaboratively meeting the needs of the patient and care team.
* Assist in the adoption and implementation of new technologies and activities that improve patient care and clinic efficiencies.
* Phone Triage and Nurse Care Management.
*Experience & Qualifications: *
* Current California Registered Nurse License
* Current CPR certification
* Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job.
* Basic office and equipment safety knowledge and practice
* Basic computer skills
* Excellent communication skills
*Physical Requirements: *
* Must be able to move freely about the office and carry light loads (up to 25 pounds)
* Prolonged standing and occasional sitting required.
* Ability to work with office equipment, including computers
_West County Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. _
Job Types: Part-time, PRN, Per diem
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Overtime pay
Masks are required inside all clinic/office settings; COVID vaccine and booster required for employment.
* BLS Certification (Preferred)
* RN (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations