We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Job Description Summary:
SOLV Energy is an engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and solar services provider for utility solar, high voltage substation and energy storage markets across North America. We are committed to bringing passion and customer focus to our business. If you’re interested in a meaningful career with a brighter future, join the SOLV Energy Team.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
The SCADA Engineer II will provide Engineering level support in the design, development and commissioning of the SOLV Energy SCADA solution and EPC projects.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the design and development of monitoring and control systems for utility scale renewable energy projects including but not limited to; Solar PV, Battery Energy Storage Systems and Wind.
- Work within a team environment to develop system requirements and detailed proposals to respond to client RFP’s.
- Develop detailed design documentation including device points lists, IP address lists, logic diagrams, and HMI mockups.
- Program and commission PLC controllers, SCADA servers, data historians, and HMI systems.
- Generate project closeout documentation including; commissioning documents, as-built drawings, operator manuals, and training materials.
- Provide technical support for diverse SCADA equipment configurations.
- Communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and field technicians for on-site commissioning and installation support.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting of complex plant monitoring and control systems.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Work with project management to report project status, risks, and mitigation measures.
- Promote and adhere to a culture of NERC compliance and governance with respect to programming and commissioning standards, documentation, reporting, knowledge transfer and training.
- Provide continuous feedback to product development teams to improve the SRE / SOLV SCADA Platform.
- Complete other assignments as assigned.
Minimum Skills or Experience Requirements:
- 2 – 4 years of SCADA engineering experience (experience working within renewable energy including; industrial or utility scale PV solar, BESS, or Wind desired).
- Experience with programming languages including but not limited to; C, C++, Java, Python, Structured Text (IEC61131-3).
- Knowledge of Inductive Automation’s Ignition SCADA platform and/or Kepware KEPServerEX desired.
- Demonstrable experience with setting up servers, relational databases, and SCADA applications.
- Knowledge of design, installation and commissioning of SCADA networks using; Fiber Optics, Serial RS-232 / RS-485, and Ethernet TCP/IP.
- Experience working with industry recognized PLC equipment including but not limited to Schweitzer Engineering RTAC Platform, Allen Bradley Control / CompactLogix platform, GE / Emerson RX3i, or similar “named variable” PLC environments.
- Experience with basic PV solar monitoring, functions, and designs desired but not required. (Technical experience in related fields will be considered).
- Understanding of industrial automation protocols (Modbus RTU/TCP, DNP3, OPC UA and DA).
- Ability to read and edit diagrams and schematics including but not limited to, power protection systems, networking and control, electrical, mechanical, and civil drawings.
- Understanding of power plant operating procedures.
- Ability to work with sub-contractors and field personnel.
- Experience with various project management, scheduling, and task management tools.
- Excellent communications skills.
SOLV Energy Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At SOLV Energy we celebrate the power of our differences. We are committed to building diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces that improve our communities. SOLV Energy prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind against an employee or applicant based on race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, or ethnicity, mental or physical disability, veteran status, parental status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!