The Systems Administrator is an experienced IT systems analyst responsible for supporting Windows operating systems for the Retail store enterprise environment. This position is an excellent opportunity for career-minded and goal-oriented individuals. This role provides broad exposure to diverse hardware/OS platforms and touches on all aspects of store register and server (ISP) functionality. As such, the individual will be challenged by researching and implementing new solutions and supporting the existing environment. The role requires a solid understanding of Windows operating systems as well as a working knowledge of networking systems and network hardware. Scripting knowledge, especially PowerShell, is a plus. Additional duties may be required by the Manager/Supervisor as needed.
• Analyze hardware/OS performance, react to operational performance and business-wide issues; Help identify and develop efficiency opportunities
• Work with managed service providers, solution providers, and other infrastructure teams
• Maintain infrastructure hardware, including identifying/vetting software/firmware patches or upgrades
• Maintain system health monitoring and notification tools
• Research, evaluate, develop, design and implement designs and standards following industry best practices
• Review and analyze new requests. Work with IT partners, vendors, and business leaders to understand communication needs; develop solutions and recommendations for business initiatives based on application requirements
• Assist in the architecture of new operating system-related solutions ensuring they are compatible with the company’s business needs and strategic objectives
• Building Effect Teams (for managers of People and Projects)
• Developing Talent (for managers of people only, N/A for this role/level)
• Communicates Effectively
• Ensures Accountability and Execution
• Manages Conflict
• Business Acumen
• Plans, Aligns and Prioritizes
• Organizational Agility
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
• 5 years hands-on knowledge of Windows platforms and a basic understanding of issues related to implementing and operating OS’ on large, distributed enterprise networks
• Windows OS/hardware experience in a large distributed enterprise environment including system administration, admin delegation and account auto-provisioning
• Responsibilities include assisting Ops team with OS/hardware configuration administration, monitoring and operational issues within the store environment consisting of system performance, server interactivity and health, Windows event monitoring and troubleshooting, networking and switch technology, store registers, Windows Server 2019 and Windows 8/10 OS and scripting languages – notably PowerShell
• Broad knowledge of standards and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, SMTP, RPC, Web Services
• Experience in Windows 8/10, Server 2012/2016/2019. Working knowledge of Dell PowerEdge servers and hardware. Nice to have: knowledge of HP ProLiant and Blade servers
• Experience with the following tools: SCCM, Dell Open Manage, HPDM
• Excellent written and verbal communication; must be able to communicate technical solutions to team lead
• Motivated by the desire to make a difference in the business, to work with a highly talented set of peers, and to work on interesting projects
• Outstanding work ethic; displays a high sense of urgency to resolve issues quickly and efficiently; must be available for rotation assignment for on-call support duties
• A high sense of responsibility – to our customers, our business partners, our colleagues, and to the quality and timeliness of one’s own work; a willingness to “do what it takes” to support our company’s systems – sometimes during non-standard work hours
• Team-oriented, yet able to work independently; very self-motivated
• A continual desire and capability to learn
• Highly organized and detail oriented
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
May require moderate lifting of up to 80lbs., nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume is seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures
This role requires regular in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. However, this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.