Omni La Costa Resort & Spa
** $2,500 NEW HIRE BONUS!! **
· Cook and prepare food according to Omni standards and accomplish tasks related to preparation.
· Possess and demonstrate either basic culinary skills.
· Be able to accomplish assigned stations with “minimal” supervision. The expectation is that Cook 3’s shall perform at least one or two stations with minimal supervision.
· Have a “basic” understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
· Be able to assist with opening and closing procedures as needed, following the guidance from Cook 2’s, 1’s and Sous Chefs.
· Have the ability to proactively observe, work and learn stations from other Cooks and Chefs.
· Maintain basic knife handling skills
· Have basic knowledge and understanding of Eco Sure and health department standards.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely
· Be able to set-up up workstations with required mise en place, tools, equipment and supplies according to standards
· Be able to follow prep lists accurately.
· Have the ability to comprehend and follow recipes accurately.
· Demonstrate the ability to start prep work on items needed for the particular menu of the day
· Inform the Sous Chef and other Cooks as needed of any shortages before the item runs out.
· Inform F&B service staff of “86’d” items and the amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
· Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
· Review status of work and follow-up actions required with the team before leaving
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Experience and Skills:
· County of San Diego approved Food Handlers Training and certificate
· 0-2 years experience as a Line Cook at a 4/5 star hotel or restaurant.
· Ability to communicate in English with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding
· Basic Culinary Talent and / or interest / knowledge
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· 1-2 years of experience as a line cook
· 4 or 5 Star hotel/restaurant culinary experience
· Certification of culinary training or apprenticeship.
· High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate
· High volume experience.
· Prior hotel/resort experience