Sales Representative / Automotive Sales Consultant
The Sales Consultant has the primary responsibility to follow the steps that management has created to result in a successful vehicle sale and long-term customer retention.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Make regular customer contacts by the means outlined by management such as floor time, phone “ups”, mail, and personal visits.
- Maintain a record of all customer contacts and regularly report the progress to the sales manager.
- Obtain the training necessary for factory qualifications.
- Perform regular and scheduled contacts with previous customers and report the performance to the sales manager.
- Take test-drives with customers according to management’s guidelines for personal safety.
- Present to management all offers made by customers to purchase vehicles.
- Prepare and process the required paperwork to finalize the vehicle sale.
- Deliver vehicles to customers, collect any monies due, and process the trade-in as requested by management.
- Be proactive by seeking new customers through prospecting and referrals.
- Show concern for the customers needs throughout the sales process.
- Use closing techniques effectively; ask for help from management with closing when necessary. Be profit minded when closing.
- Follow all dealership processes and procedures to ensure an excellent rating on the sales, delivery and follow up processes from each customer.
- Follow up with each customer to ensure their complete satisfaction.
- Arrange the first service appointment for customers and contact the customer before and after the first appointment.
- Acquire and maintain total product knowledge; capability of communicating all features and benefits of all models; knowledge of competition’s features, benefits, and shortcomings; effective use of demonstration rides to reinforce
- product features; knowledge of complete inventory, both in stock and in process; participate in training programs, product seminars, competitive comparison meetings, crest club, certified consumer consultant programs, gold key delivery, etc.
- Demonstrate professional personal behavior; treat all customers in an enthusiastic, courteous and helpful manner always striving for complete customer satisfaction; dressing appropriately as defined by dealership policies and procedures refraining from smoking in presence of customers; proper and schedule of hours, etc.; assisting all prospects in securing desired consumer protection guides
- timely greeting of customers entering the dealership; dealing honestly and accurately with both customers and management; complete all paper work in a timely manner as defined by dealership policy; total compliance with dealership policy with regard to customer follow-up, customer turnover, prospecting,
- Generate and maximize unit sales; plan and establish goals on a weekly, monthly, and yearly basis daily review of results vs goals; effectively cultivate 100% of market segments through continued awareness of oneself, the dealership; achieve sales volume goals/objectives set individually by management and maintain an effective owner follow- up system; utilize an owner follow-up system that will encourage referral opportunities; utilize phone, mail, civic organizations, personal advertising, and other forms of communications to seek prospects total dedication to the delivery system.
- Total understanding of the selling process and the dealership management procedure; demonstrate ability to be capable of discussing the policies of the departments of the dealership; demonstrate profitable use of floor time to effectively close first-time prospects, and the total; follow-up of be-back
- prospects; scheduling deliveries that do not conflict with floor time schedule; following up of be-backs within one (1) day of initial visit; effective introduction of customer to the appropriate manager to insure effective close of vehicle sale, lease, finance, etc. as defined by dealership policy; be knowledgeable of questions concerning extended warranty (CPP); check condition of vehicles scheduled for delivery, always leaving ample time for corrective service if necessary; deliver all vehicles sold personally, always introducing customer to service facility and personnel. F&I penetration.
New Century Auto Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to a policy of compliance with all federal, state, and local laws regarding nondiscrimination in employment. No questions included in our application process are intended to secure information to be used for unlawful purposes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Consistent with the provisions of the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
Join a winning automotive sales team!