Novato Charter School
*TITLE: Certificated Middle School Math Teacher*
*BENEFITS: *Competitive Compensation & Benefits Package Based on FTE
*JOB SUMMARY: *Novato Charter School in Marin County, California is accepting applications for a grades (6th-8th) Middle School math teaching position for the 2022-23 school year. The position is part-time, including 14 periods of classroom instruction, 2 after-school sessions, and daily recess study hall support (20 minutes / day).
*Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: *
Coordinate curriculum development of the school’s overall math program. NCS uses Big
Ideas Math curriculum.
• Classroom instruction of grades 6, 7 and 8 math subject classes as per school schedule
• Homework support for students two hours per week after school
• Communication with parents and class teachers re: students’ math progress
The Math Teacher integrates Waldorf methods with other current best math practices and aligns curriculum as closely as possible with Common Core Standards.
*KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: *
Current best educational practices, Core Principles of Public Education methodologies and educational philosophies, Waldorf teaching methods, classroom management strategies, positive discipline techniques, student development theories, student assessment principles, curriculum development strategies, eective curriculum evaluation, motivational theories, the arts, eective communication strategies, essential laws/regulations governing special education services, student protective laws, and organizational theory.
*DESIRABLE ABILITIES: *
Be flexible; work in an atmosphere of unpredictability and challenge; examine one’s own knowledge and seek out opportunities for professional development; function as a member of a professional team; and function as a role model for children and parents.
*EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: *
* _ _Education: *Single Subject Math or Multi-subject California State Credential for self contained classroom*
Experience: *Experience in teaching at Waldorf schools at multiple grade levels is highly desired.OTHER REQUIREMENTS: * Department of Justice Fingerprint Clearance TB Clearance940 “C” Street, Novato, CA 94949*
Page 1 REV. February 2022
• Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, as defined by the California Department of Public
• For teachers, a certificate of clearance and satisfaction of all requirements from the
California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (“CTC”) for professional fitness
• Waldorf training ideal
*WORKING CONDITIONS: *
• Indoor and outdoor work environment
• Seasonal heat and cold or adverse weather conditions
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and various tools and equipment.
• Seeing to read, prepare, and assure the accuracy of a variety of materials and perform maintenance duties.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person or on the telephone.
• Lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling heavy objects as assigned by the position.
• Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally
• Bending, crouching, kneeling, and stooping
• Walking, sitting, or standing for extended periods
• Heavy physical labor
• Potential exposure to/direct contact with bodily fluids/blood borne pathogens.
*DIRECT REPORTS TO: Director*
*ABOUT US: *
Novato Charter School prohibits, at any district school or school activity, discrimination, harassment, including sexual harassment, intimidation, and bullying, based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, nationality, national origin, immigration status, ethnic group identification, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. This shall apply when applicable, to interns, volunteers, and job applicants.
For questions, concerns or complaints about discrimination or harassment based on the above, please contact the Title IX Compliance Ocer: NCS Executive Director 940
C Street, Novato, CA 94949; (415) 883-4254;
940 “C” Street, Novato, CA 94949
Page 2 REV. February 2022
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
* Monday to Friday
* Bachelor’s (Required)
Work Location: One location