Mexican American Opportunity Foundation
The mission of the Mexican American Opportunity Foundation (MAOF) is to provide for the socio-economic betterment of the greater Latino community of California, while preserving the pride, values and heritage of the Mexican American culture.
Mexican American Opportunity Foundation
POSITION: Driver Home Delivered Meals
PROGRAM: MAOF – Senior Services Programs
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt, Part Time (20 hours)
SUPERVISOR: Nutrition Project Supervisor and Program Director
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: – include but are not limited to the following:
• Following safe food handling and sanitation practices, will receive meals ordered for assigned route assuring all meal components were delivered.
• Will take the temperature of one meal at delivery and of the last meal delivered on route.
• Is responsible for maintaining meals in insulated carriers at all times and to have cold items packed in ice to maintain proper holding temperatures.
• Will deliver meals within the two-hour holding period.
• Will complete daily record at end of day, submit program income collected, place meal order for the following day and report any concerns regarding clients or vehicle to supervisor.
• Must maintain an updated client roster, use NAPIS scanner on computerized roster to report clients served on a daily basis.
• Will complete other reports as required by the Program.
• When assigned, disseminate program and nutritional information to clients.
• Attend scheduled training and staff meetings.
• Will keep assigned vehicle washed, clean and in good operating condition, checking all fluids, tires, etc. vehicle each morning before leaving MPC. Must complete daily vehicle inspection report, reporting any mechanical problems with the vehicle.
• Will assist in training of Title V trainees assigned to the Program.
• Will perform a variety of unscheduled duties normally performed by a driver.
• Must possess a valid California Class C Driver’s License and a good driving record.
• Must provide a current DMV printout and must be submitted with application.
• Must be a High School graduate or equivalent.
• Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish.
• Experience working as a driver or with senior citizens preffered.
• Must be courteous, patient, and conscientious in all dealings with program participants.
• Post offer DOT Drug Screen.
• Negative T.B. test or chest X-rays (stated by law), negative drug and alcohol screen test.
• Must successfully pass the Department of Justice (DOJ) criminal background check with a valid clearance number.
• Ability to labor in a team oriented environment.
• Ability to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers and supervisors; work as part of a team and collaborate with department; and complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are completing requirements and changes in assignments.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
MAOF is committed to a diverse workforce. As part of this commitment, MAOF provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, medical condition as defined by state law, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other legally protected status.