Account Manager – Employee Benefits
Brown & Brown Insurance
This is a Full-time
position in Newport Beach, CA
posted February 1, 2023.
Built on meritocracy, our unique company culture rewards self-starters and those who are committed to doing what is best for our customers.
Brown & Brown is seeking an Account Manager for our Employee Benefits Team in Anaheim, California!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Help customers understand insurance policies/coverages and determine their individual service needs
- Act as an advocate for customers on employee claim issues and carrier relations
- Answer customer and carrier questions through all means of communications such as through calls, personal meetings, seminars, etc.
- Educate customers on compliance responsibilities for state and federal laws effecting health plans (ERISA, SPD, COBRA, State Continuation, Medicare, FMLA, HIPAA. Etc.)
- Attend training sessions, courses, etc. to maintain up-to-date skills and licensing requirements
- Other duties or special projects may be assigned
- Foster and seek relationships with teammates across all levels of Brown & Brown
- Ensure compliance with government agencies and corporate policies and procedures
- Always conduct the highest level of confidentiality
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Must have, and maintain, current Life & Health Insurance License for required states within six (6) months
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) with three (3) years of experience in the field of Employee Benefits Administration or high school graduate with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience, other combination of work and/or education will be considered
- Solid knowledge and understanding of group health and welfare benefit plan coverage, current legislation, rules, laws, and other regulations. Insurance plans, underwriting principals, selection, pricing, rating, and premium calculation
- Familiarity with complex benefit issues to serve as the key contact for customers to resolve them
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Office 365, Word, and Excel
- BenefitPoint experience or skills to learn software program at an accelerated ability and familiarity with AMS360
- Exceptional telephone demeanor
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Paid time off
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, vision, 401(k), etc.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.