At a glance:
- Are you a growth-motivated sales expert skilled at supporting sales representatives as they outline telecommunication solutions for government and education clients?
- Can you mentor, guide and inspire a team of high-performing sales managers and representatives to exceed revenue goals?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with an uncapped sales commission and a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving America’s largest businesses and communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise’s industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
You drive revenue generation through the decisive leadership, supervision and direction of the government and education vertical sales program. As the Manager of Sales Strategic Accounts Government and Education, you excel at guiding a team of Major Account Executives, Strategic Account Managers and Strategic Account Representatives to exceed targeted revenue goals. With a sharp focus on consultative selling techniques, you support your team as they outline unique combinations of Ethernet, cloud services, high-speed data, fiber services, business class phone and session initiation protocol (SIP) to government and education providers.
You maximize sales efforts by developing key internal relationships with Market Development, Construction, Sales Support and Marketing. You are passionate about proactively developing extensive contacts within the healthcare business community. You have an aptitude for identifying roadblocks and overcoming obstacles with the ability to share this knowledge with your team. You thrive with regular travel to support your sales team with the capture of new business accounts within a specified footprint. You report directly to the Director, Sales Vertical Accounts, for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary with sales incentives.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional 3%.
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on Spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Be a motivating leader of the government and education sales team by recruiting, training and guiding the team into a productive, cohesive unit that exceeds monthly revenue goals.
- Drive the sales process by conducting weekly sales team meetings and one-on-one reviews of activity and performance.
- Improve revenue by monitoring the sales team in both maintenance and acquisition of accounts and making constructive and supportive recommendations.
- Maximize the sales cycle by attending sales calls with representatives.
- Provide weekly sales forecasts and summaries for operational executive teams to leverage.
- Maintain quality and encourage long-term client retention by assigning high priority clients or business development with significant long-term potential to qualified sales members.
- Mitigate risks by conducting sales and team activity within compliance of our policies and procedures.
- Enhance the sales process by performing special projects and acting on long-term business building opportunities as assigned.
- Develop team sales skills by providing regular coaching and mentoring to team members.
- Perform additional duties related to the position as assigned.
Required keys for success:
- Three or more years of leadership experience in a competitive telecommunications sales environment.
- Five or more years of Enterprise level account sales experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Track record of success managing assigned territory to achieve or exceed quota.
- Familiar with Ethernet, cloud services, high-speed data, fiber services and fiber connected networks.
- History of developing and executing a strategic plan customized for key prospects and clients.
- Experience supervising teams and managing office procedures while organizing, implementing and maintaining sales goals.
- Previous leadership or team lead experience in a high-volume, fast-paced environment requiring teamwork, flexibility and change management.
- Solid organizational development and business skills.
- Conversant with telecommunications and networking technologies.
- Intermediate business analysis skills using Microsoft Office tools and Salesforce or similar client relationship management tool.
- Valid driver’s license, a safe driving record and availability for frequent travel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with all levels of an organization.
How you will stand out:
- Previous experience in the government and education industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required).
Here, employees don’t just have jobs, they build careers. That’s why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $91,200.00 to $196,000.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.