With 10,000 employees across over 60 countries, our Water Technologies & Solutions Division delivers a wide variety of products and services to meet the needs of our customers around the globe. We have an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to take a step up in their career and manage one of our smaller Plants in the Bakersfield, CA area. The ideal candidate would understand how to lead and optimize manufacturing operations at a plant producing chemicals at 15M lbs/year and servicing the Western US region. If you like the idea of doing meaningful work with a company that’s doing big things to create a cleaner, more sustainable world for us all, here’s more!
As the Bakersfield Plant Manager you will demonstrate accountability for functional, business, and broad company objectives. In this role you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
As the Bakersfield Plant Manager, you will:
- Ensure all Environmental Health and Safety regulations are met.
- Review production demand to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments.
- Develop and manage budgets to approve expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, and labor are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Direct the following departments: EHS, Quality, Engineering, Maintenance and Operations.
- Communicate with corporate: E&HS, HR, Finance, Product Management, Sales, Engineering. Etc.
- Incorporate Lean practices to drive engagement and productivity.
- Ensure Customer Quality expectation are met and On Time Delivery performance is exceeded.
- Develop 5-year plan for people and capital executing annual to achieve the sites strategy
- Execute capital budget and site expansion projects.
- This list is not all-inclusive and may include other duties as assigned and necessary for the operation and management of the overall plant
- Bachelors Degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university or college. Other engineering degrees with chemical manufacturing experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in manufacturing, with proven plant / production leadership or supervisor experience
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of SAP, Root Cause/ Corrective Action Analysis and ISO Standards
- Ability and willingness to be part of the Department of Homeland Security’s Personnel Surety Program
At Veolia, we realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We’re an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every rung of the ladder and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Because our people are our greatest assets, we also offer competitive benefits that include:
- Health & Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation & Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- AD&D Insurance
- Disability Insurance