Alvah Contractors, Inc.
Position: Project Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time, Salaried
Work Location: South San Francisco, CA
Alvah Contractors, Inc. is part of Alvah Group, a diversity business enterprise comprised of four operating companies primarily located in the Bay Area of California. The principal office location is in South San Francisco, CA. The field operations are in South San Francisco, San Francisco, Benicia, Concord, and Richmond area. An additional smaller operation is in the Midwest with offices in Wisconsin.
Alvah Group has the primary Distribution Electric Contract for PG&E in the bay area and has been working in the area since 2007. We maintain PG&E’s Overhead and Underground Electrical distribution system along with performing civil construction and providing traffic control services.
Due to rapid growth in our work with PG&E, we need a Project Coordinator to support our overhead electric construction crews through efficient management of work packages and the interfaces with our customers and 3rd parties. The Project Coordinator reports to the Project Manager supporting crews in their specific area of responsibility.
· Print work packages and update master schedule files
· Schedule and coordinate subcontractors and/or extra equipment required for work
· Request AFWs as needed from PG&E
· Send in permit requests and city/county/CalTrans notifications of work on timely basis
· Collect completed paperwork and photos from field crews
· Submit USA tickets for work in a timely fashion and maintain validity
· Arrange and coordinate traffic control and no-park support for crews daily
· Submit power line clearance requests (CWCs) in conjunction with work requirements
· Remove roadblocks in support of crews
· Support Project Managers in planning, execution, close-out, and invoicing of assigned work
· Answer incoming emails and phone calls pertaining to scheduled work
· Update Monday.com tracking and scheduling system on a constant basis
· Data entry capabilities with speed and accuracy
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Adapt to constantly changing work demands
· Attention to detail, driven/results oriented
· Excellent communicator – phone, email, text
· Prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently
· Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook
· Excellent organizational skills required
· Experience with similar duties a plus & track record of continuous process improvement
· Experience with database and project management tools, such as Monday.com
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: Multiple Locations